Reliance Brands, a retail subsidiary of Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Retail Limited has tied up with American clothier chain Brooks Brothers, the oldest men’s clothier chain in the country, in a bid to strengthen its international brands portfolio. This tie up is the sixth international association for Reliance Brands, which has also inked business relationships with five other leading international retail companies including Iconix, Paul & Shark, Diesel and ErmenegildoZegna.
As a part of this association, Reliance Brands and Brooks Brothers will set up luxury men’s only apparel stores across leading metro cities, with apparel wear starting at Rs. 5000 and above. Brooks Brothers also has a women’s and children wear line, which will be introduced in the later stages of the joint venture. This association will see Brooks Brothers claim 51 per cent stake in the joint venture while Reliance Brands will stake the remaining 49 per cent. “We partnered with Reliance Brands because of their passion for the Brooks Brothers brand, their track record with other premium brands, their expertise and connections within India,” saidClaudio Del Vecchio, chairman& CEO of Brooks Brothers.
Founded in Manhattan, NY city in the year 1818, Brooks Brothers is the oldest men’s clothier brand in the US. It has been known to pioneer many clothing novelties over its many years including the polo button-down collar, and boasts of a high flying clientele to its credit. It has also been an Alma matter to many famous couturiers, including world renowned designer Ralph Lauren. Presently there are 210 stores of the clothier in the US and 70 outlets in countries such as Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, Dubai, France, the United Kingdom, Chile, Canada, Italy, Mexico, and Greece. The clothier also has a well-known women’s wear and children wear line, which it launched six years ago.
Reliance Brands, one of RIL’s premium retail formats is into high-end retailing and has exclusive sales and distribution licences for six international apparel and footwear brands. In an endeavour to expand the scope of this format and promotewithin the Indian subcontinentthe premium retail experience, Reliance Brands has been rigorous in its efforts to sell the concept of luxury retail to its Indian customers. In fact, Reliance Brands has almost succeeded in carving for itself a niche in the high-end apparel and accessories retail segment by bringing in not just international super brands but also a retail experience unlike any other. Today,Reliance Brands is roping in high-end clientele through personalised services such as ‘outside-shop' purchases and customised services to push sales of its high-end branded apparel. And by constantly bringing in international super brands to set up store in India, Reliance Brands has pioneered a distinct luxury retail revolution in India which has found many takers in the avid Indian shopper community.